I am Tony im 20 years of age, i have grown up around the fire station my father is a Captian and has been a firefighter for over 16 years!

I've had a number of guys compliment me on my knowledge of the fire service and have gotten a number of offers from different deparments asking to come join up to try to get some younger guys involved! However I have been invloved with East Rochester for 14 years and i dont want to go else where!

I am very proud of myself and i will be the first person to tell you i do not know everything i dont clam to know everything i hate the stero type of the young guys think they know everything!

If someone has a question or has a comment please feel free to let me know or ask me im here!!

-To my brothers as well as my sisters rather an Emt a firefighter or just some fire buff, stay safe and becareful!

Views: 289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After many thousands posts at another website, I decided to try something different. I always knew in the back of my mind that Dave would start another website. I think it's great, in light of the current condition of "that other website".
I had the username of ChiefReason over there. I decided to change it for this website, but that is the only thing that has changed about me. Well, that and the fact that I have lost 65 lbs since December.
I love the fire service. Been involved in one way or another since 1980. Seen some really cool stuff over the years.
I am married to a wonderful woman. I am addicted to golf. I ride a Harley Road King. I enjoy spirited debate.
I manage a small volunteer fire department of very dedicated men and women.
I look forward to spending more time here.
Oh; I forgot. xchief22 is on the license plate of the Road King.
Art aka xchief22 aka ChiefReason
WOW 1980 that was before i was born! Hope i dont make ya feel old haha! And my father is looking forward to getting a road king very soon! I "had" a 883 a 2005 but i dont have it anymore due to a recent accident!
But thanks for the post and keep up the great work out there!!
Love what you are doing because your doing what you love the traning will play its role and you will be suprised how strong you can be in hard times when people reach for you the most.

I hope i've helped you out in some way!

Thanks for the post and keep them comming && Stay safe
My name is David, I have been involved in the fire service since 1983, at 19. Spent most of my time as a volunteer, did a couple of years paid. I had to go on disability and returned to volunteers. There is still a place for people, even if you cant go battle the dragon. Im just as proud being administrative as i was jacking around a hose line. This is the greatest brotherhood and sisterhood you can be a part of. I cant think of a better way to spend my time. Be safe and careful.
Welcome to the site ChiefReason....er, I mean ... xchief22 ...

This is a little different of course....a bit looser, hopefully fun, and definitely lots of people connecting in a new way in the fire service.

Happy surfing! Phone the neighbors, wake the kids.....everyone is welcome here.

Dave
My name is Bill, and I am a volunteer fire fighter/EMT in Prince George's County MD. I live in Upper Marlboro and belong to a volunteer station that is about a block away from home. The sad thing is that my station is up for sale but it presents an opportunity to ride with other volunteer departments. I am married to a very understanding wife who sometimes pushes me out the door when the pager goes off. I've been a volunteer for fifteen years and sometimes my body lets me know it. I've been on both sides of the volunteer service by that I mean administration and active. I'm still active just not as fast as I used to be.

The funny thing about this is that my father was injured in a fire at a laundry mat, my mother almost got killed at a fire at her high school and my sister almost blew herself up when she smelled gas coming from her stove and yet here I am running into burning buildings, MVA's and what not and not a scratch on me yet (Knock on wood.)

My advise to those who are new to the service have confidence and faith in yourself the rest will come naturally.
Hello all my name is Dan
I grew up in the fire service going back over 100 yrs my family has always been there. I have been both a paid professional and unpaid professional fire fighter as well as a medic for 19 yrs. I at time give the young guys and gals crap at the station because well your young ..lol and I want to be. But I know I would always want to learn even now training and understanding is important and I have learned for those little ones..lol..and I try and teach some things I can. The one problem I see in all this is with fire the lack of live burn training and in EMS please all you new medics and EMTs stop reading you fancy tools and looking at numbers and learn to look at people and listen. All those toys cant replace you hands eyes ears and nose!!
Be safe all of you
Your brother
Dan
Hi everyone im Buddy im 19 and a volunteer firefighter for the Bowers Fire Co. in Bowers DE where i am a captain. I've been involved in the fire service pretty much all my life, just about everyone in the department is related to me in some sort of way. I'm also carrying on a tradition that has been going strong for almost 60 years in my department and thats 3 generations of white hats from my grandfather who was chief to my father who was chief 11 and a half years to my mom as deputy chief and now to me as captain. however im the only one of the 4 still active at fighting fire. my dad drives my moms went administrative and my grandfather passed in the 70's.
Hello I am Robby. I got involved in the fire service when I was 15 years old at my fathers volunteer station as a junior member. My dad has been a firefighter for close to 30 years he has worked as an industrial firefighter, volunteer, and is currently a career firefighter for a busy Northern Virginia Dept.

At first I did the fire dept. thing just to hang out with dad I had other goals. Then when I turned 16 I could take FF1 and 2 and begin to respond to calls. I figured out not only did I like this fire dept. thing I was pretty good at it. I wondered how good could I be if I committed my life to the job. I began to take classes all over the country, went to college for fire science, etc.

I got hired on with the Stafford County Department of Fire Rescue at age 20 stayed there 2 years then accepted a position with the Henrico County Division of Fire (the second largest dept. in virginia). I have been there for 3 years. I am assigned to Truck Company 6.

I no longer volunteer since my son was born and I plan on having more kids. I do miss volunteering and hope to do it again one day. My wife is wonderful we met in middle school and were friends for a long time befor we ever dated. She volunteers and teaches EMT classes on the side. She love what I do and puts up with me still going around to FDIC, Firehouse EXPO, or whereever there is an interesting class.

My brother also is a firefighter. He go started the same way I did and he now works for the City of Richmond Fire Dept. asigned to Quint 10.

In my free time I like to attend FD classes, watch movies, and all things Mixed Martial Arts.

My advice for anyone is be thankful we are the lucky few who get to do this job everyday strive to learn everything you can and always stay safe.
This site has already shown to be different, just because of the social side of things, I guess. It looks like it's going to be pretty successful, for as quick as it has already taken off, and I see some of my same web acquaintances from over there are over here as well.

By the way, Art, I've been at this since 1980 as well. Must have been a good year.

Mick (aka truck6alpha)
I;m Bob, an old time rescue puke and medic. I was first registered and entered the business in '75, working out of Cadillac Ambulances and a Squad made out of a Korean War vintage field Ambulance. Then I went to a '62 Seagrave ladder truck, a tilller rig, and then to pumps.

I too do a bit of posting at another site, and have enjoyed Art's prose and advice over there. (Great to see you again Chief!) My blog entry gives you a bit more perspective about my recent life, so I won't clog up the time here. I look forward to sharing experiences, laughs and perhaps even a tear or two with you all.

Stay Safe, and take care of each other.
I'm Rich. I am a volunteer firefighter in Bennington, NH. I joined this site hoping for a mutually beneficial exchange of information and ideas. Though my actual contributions may be limited, since I have been doing this for less than two years.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service