I'm working to increase the frequency of posts to the CROSS AND THE BADGE blog at our website, http://www.christ4responders.org. Instead of just making an educated guess of what you might find interesting, I decided to turn to those of you on the front lines.

So the question is what would you like to see covered in a chaplain's blog ? Any7 suggestions will be considered for future articles, and appreciated.

Stay Safe !
Rev. Robert A. Crutchfield
Chief Chaplain
Christ 4 Responders

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't, but I like the idea. email me some info, links etc, and I'll think about it. Some of the topics we'll be covering (stress, Divorce,suicide etc.) can be pretty heavy. It would be good to have some light/uplifting type stuff to mix in there. Thanks for the suggestion.
Hey Robert. I am glad to see folks that do the job you do becoming more active on FFN. A lot of time spiritual beliefs are overshadowed by the stresses of our daily jobs and home lives, and the fireground makes a perfect breeding ground for issues to arise. Being under a normal amount of stress on fire scenes changes rapidly when additional stress (heat, adreneline, physical exertion and the trauma we see daily) is added to the equation. Having someone to talk to and be there is always a plus. I added Shannon Pennington to my friends list and he has a lot of great insite on PTSD and other firefighter stresses and has a website set up for the firefighters to utilize. Perhaps he can offer more insite to the topics you seek. I hope this helps. Be well and stay safe.
Hi Chaplain...I would invite you to check out www.karenleefitzpatrick.com
Karen Lee was an 18 yr old girl with a deep walk with God, and a huge inspiration to all who knew her. She still "speaks" in the book about her, "Angel Proimises," almost as if she was still here!
So, it's the age old question, "Why do bad things happen to good people?' (Ps. 91) The bible also says we all have an an appointed time..God knows the number of our days (Ps. 139) and certainly has eternal purposes in all!
Author, Katherin B. FitzPatrick, the custodian of her writings, and "voice" for Karen Lee, these days, will be appearing at Aunties' Bookstore in Spokane, on May 8th, 7:30 PM, with Author, John Maclean, "Thirtymile Fire," and then solo at Mountain View Assemblies of God Church in Spokane, May 7th at 7PM, for those would want to come out in person in the Spokane area.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service