I think from time to time we all kind of lose perspective on what we are all about.We are the people everyone else calls on when their lives are going up in smoke or their loved ones are laying on the road in dire straights even as simple a thing as an elderly person is down and needs a little help getting up.We answer the call.The majority of this great nations departments are manned by the little box on the belt,ready to go at the first sound of a tone day or night in any kind of weather,we leave our families and friends to answer the call.There is no room in this proud tradition for egos or attitudes,when the tones drop all the other stuff stays at the bootbag.wether you are the most popular or the least liked you are still a FIREFIGHTER and you cover your brother or sisters back and practice every saftey measure to ensure that everyone goes home.Each and everyone of us is unique with their own strong points,opinions and ideas. If we pool those resources for the common goal we are a unstoppable force, if we continue to bicker and fight among ourselves we are defeating our sole purpose for being here. I know some that I'd just as soon not but when the tone drops he or she is a Family Member and all is forgotten until the last hose is rolled and back on the truck.Be safe people,take care of our own,do the job to the best of your ability,train and train some more.Life is to precious and short to let attitudes and animosities derail us from doing this thing that we love. Be safe and remember EVERYONE GOES HOME.Godspeed

Views: 620

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice job, couldn't said it better myself... Keep up the good work.
Thanks all for all the kind comments, it is just the truth of the matter.
nice writing bro. i couldnt agree with you more.
Just brining this back up where some of our new folks will find it.
Thanks for resurfacing this one Kev... It is always good to remind ourselves who we are, and what we're about. When times get low, you can look at a post like this, and it makes you feel proud, and even beyond that it makes you feel like you're part of something even larger. We are not out there all alone, fighting the blazes one man at a time...we are a team...no, a family, and we've got each other's backs...
I heard this sort of thing still exists.
Just thought I'd bring this back into veiw.
Woa theres a forum post from days gone by. :)
very well said kev. This is something some people need to be reminded of. I know this from experience with my old department. If we all lived by this rule things would be a whole lot better.
You remember this huh
we all do this for the same reason, if we did'nt who would. Great job

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service