We are looking into purchasing Nomex station wear. Your input on these items will greatly be appreciated.

Do they fade? Shrink? Are they hotter than most other uniforms? Do you have sewn on insignia or traditional brass? Any other information?

We do know that they are rather expensive. Looking forward to reading your comments.

Thanks, William

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have had them, gone away and have them again. Once you break them in they are ok for comfort. They will outlast your other stuff by far. They do not fade at all. We have sewn on badge tabs and name plates. We still wear our badges with them. Our shirts are also the snap style.
Not sure how they don't fade, most PPE has UV issues from direct prolonged sunlight exposure, and I don't imagine nomex would be much differant if exposed to a lot of sun.
I would imagine it is hot, just like anything else. The states forestry division wears them now also. Must be worth something. :)
that has to suck....well depends where you are located at I guess. Here in GA that would be hell having to wear long sleeves year round.
we use Workrite Benchmark. Its good stuff, little expensive, but will out last everything else, and looks good. A suggestion is just get teh pants and go with something like grey polo's
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service