A sincere and heartfelt Thank You to all of the Firefighters, EMT's, Medics and Fire Service Personel who attended the visitations for Captain Robin Broxterman and Firefighter Brian Shira of Colerain Township in Cincinnati, Ohio. As fate would have it, there was a fire seminar held in nearby Indianapolis, Indiana this week and many who attended drove the extra distance to attend the services for the two fallen firefighters. There were several firefighters from as far away as Australia and England in attendence. It was incredibly touching to see so many come from local communities as well as other countries to show their respect and support.
I didn't get the opportunity to speak directly with Brian's family but I did speak to Robin's mother, father and sisters, who were deeply thankful and touched by the care and support of people everywhere. I'm sure Brian's family felt the same outpouring.
So, thank you everyone. I know your posts of well-wishes and condolences mean a great deal to the families and friends of Robin and Brian, as well as all of Colerain Township.

~Angela

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Edward. I will pass that on and encourage whoever I can to seek counseling in order to facilitate their emotional healing. I work with traumatic abuse survivors myself and am well aquianted with PTSD and Dissociative Disorders. So I agree whole-heartedly. I am honored and humbled to be a part of this brotherhood and especially, of Colerain Twp. Fire Dept. Thanks and God bless.
I would also like to add that you should make sure and thank all that directly participated in the services. While I was not able to make the drive to Southern Ohio due to other conflicts, and it was a hard decision to make not to attend, I was able to watch most of the ceremonies live online. One of your local stations streamed their coverage on their site. The people that were directly involved in the planning and execution of the services deserve a huge pat on the back. As an honor guard member that has participated and planned funerals, this was a great tribute an executed flawlessly. The best tribute that can be made to our Brothers that are lost, is to make sure that they get the proper ceremony. This is not only for them, but for their families and department members. Great job. Our hearts are truly broken for this terrible loss.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service