Hello everybody. I'm thinking of upgrading my Cairns 1010 with a defender visor. what do you think, is it worth the money?

Views: 284

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am being told by a representative of a company which sells Cairns, that there are several firefighters which have tried them. Almost all of them have reported that the visor can and will impact the bridge of the nose if there is an impact with the helmet, say in an auto extrication. I am waiting for him to bring one by so I can see one up close. Judging by the photos I have seen, I can understand how this could occur,
so in other words they're not all that great. by the way i was just wondering if you can have both the defender and bourkes on the same helmet. judging by the pics i've seen it looks possible.
My department wears the 1044 with the defender visor. I will admit that it does take some getting used to, but I love the helmet and visor. You have to be careful the first couple times you pull the visor down, because it will hit the bridge of your nose. Once you get used to that though the defender is great. It sits on the bridge of your nose and it is virtually impossible for anything to fly up into your eye. As far bourkes go, you won't need them with the defender.
sounds good. ha i only wanted to keep my bourkes for the good looks, i just got them melted a little bit.
im not big on the bourkes. i'd take a burnt shield instead any day. By the way if you check out my pics, you might see the defender. im not sure if i have any pics with the visor down, but i do wear the helmet all the time. We also have a metro style as well.
do you think the defender is worth the price?
if you go to thefirestore.com you can get the defender insert for the 1010 for around $118 or a new 1010 with the defender for $201. I dont think that that is a bad price at all. I personally am going to buy my own 1044 with the defender in a couple of weeks. that one new is around !195 or so.
not bad. thanks for all your help, i think i might end up buying the defender kit.
No problem. It's definitely a great investment.
By the way, I was wrong. The 1044 with the defender is only $165.
that's a great deal
Its not bad at all. I just customized the shield for the 1044 as well, and the total for the helmet and the shield is $201. Thats a really great deal. I thought I was gonna spend more in a few weeks. I guess now is a good time to buy.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service