ok what colors of helmets does your dept use and what do they mean?????? My dept uses White,Red,Black,Yellow,Blue,and Orange. White= Chief Red= Captain Black= Lt Yellow= firefighter Blue= Safty Orange= Rookie

Views: 44465

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my department we use white, red, yellow, and black.

White=Chief, Deputy Chief, Asst. Chief
Red=Lieutenant
Yellow=Captain
Black=Firefighter
Everyone wears 1010's with the exception of the probies they wear the morning pride we call them "domes" but the modern style helmet instead of the traditional. When the probie graduates from the academy then they get their 1010.
White-Chief Red- Captain & Lt. Black- Firefighter Blue-Safety Yellow- Jr. firefighters.....
Green is safety, suit and tie the mayor, Officers red, Command staff white, firefighters yellow.

Check NFPA for the actual correct way to do it. There is a method to the method.

Zimm
On my fire department, the colors are:

Chief and 2 assistant chief's: White
Captains: Red
Lieutenants: Yellow
Safety Officer: Blue
Trainee's: Blk w/ red 'TRAINEE' Rockers
Firefighters: Black w/ 'FIREFIGHTER' rockers
White=chiefs
Red=captains
Yellow= Lt.
Black=firefighters
we use red, yellow, white and black. White=chief, Red=captain, Black=LT., Yellow=firefighter
City of College Place, Washington uses.

White = Chief / Asst Chief / Fire Marshal

Red = Captain / Lt

Black = Firefighter

Yellow = Firefighter / Rookie
White=Chief Black= Everyone else. White Shieldsw/ Black numbers Lts. White shields w/ red lettering Ex-chief. Orange shield probie.
we use White=chief red=captain yellow=Lt. black=firefighter black with orange refleters= Jr firefighter.
FireSiren,

Some of us have been around a while and have seen these discussions before, but now that we have over, what...15,000 of us, some discussions are going to happen again...with new folks doing the inputting!

If it's a discussion you've seen "ad infinitum" then simply don't participate in that particular discussion. As someone once said, "There is nothing new under the sun."

GM
Here's my question about helmet colors: Does anyone know what the San Francisco helmet colors mean? I've been watching The Battalion (www.thebattalion.tv) and it seems the Truckies have Red and White panels on the their Black helmets. Is that correct? Do Engineers/Drivers use different colors?

Also, with so many different helmet color schemes, is there an NFPA standard for helmet color designations?

GM
On our department:
White --Chief Officers
Red -- Captains
Yellow --Engineers
Black -- Firefighters

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now