Hey all,
I just thought I'd write and see if any of you from Pittsburgh could help. My friend's father has been hospitalized in Pgh for over 2 months now. To ease the burden of traveling there so frequently she is looking for a place to stay down there. Preferably a cheap place. She called to price a few and they are over $1000! Waaay too much.
Her father is presently hospitalized in Oakland. She has a vision disability and does not drive.
Do any of you Pgh savvy ppl have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Views: 203

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

If your friend's father is a patient at one of the UPMC units in Oakland, she may want to check into staying at one of the UPMC Family Houses. A few years back, my family was in much the same situation, and instead of traveling back and forth from NE Ohio, we stayed at the Family House McKee, which is very close to UPMC Presbyterian and UPMC Montifiore. They have complementary shuttle bus services that pick you up at the house and take you to the hospitals. Visit their website at:
http://www.familyhouse.org/
Hope this helps.
Kitty, she could try looking into one of the suburbs and riding the PAT bus down. Know there are some cheaper places in cranberry or emsworth and they are on the bus line. Believe it apartmetnfinder.com that they are listed in. Would it be possible for him to be transferred to another UPMC facility they only have a hospital like every 20 miles or so. I know I've transferred enough people out of oakland to be closer to family
Karen and Marc,
Thanks for the replies and info.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service