i thiinkin bout takin a emt b class and just wonderin how hard the class is and tell wat they treat you in that class and how long ur license is good for and do you have to run with a squad to keep them and just need all you can tell me bout it thanks

Views: 238

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

thanks for help
Yup, sure does.
I'm not sure if phonics is the issue here. I feel it's a spelling and punctuation "shortfall" if you will. It's all the texting and messaging the kids do these days. And the fact that they don't learn anything in school.
aint the problem and if i was a emt-b would that help me get hire so a career firefighter
i need help with how to become a career ff/medic
aint the problem and if i was a emt-b would that help me get hire so a career firefighter
i need help with how to become a career ff/medic

Spelling and grammar are important aspects of becoming a career FF, so yes, it really is an issue you should be working on as well. A fire dept does not want to appear as though their employees have no concept or mastery of the English language. Typos and so forth aside when you see some mistakes on here, but really, your posts and retort appear to be made by a second grader.

This is how your reply should have been....
That isn't aint the problem. and i If i I was were a an emt-b, would that help me get hire hired so as a career firefighter?
i I need help with how to become a career ff/medic.
You no what, thanks for your help and you really didn't help me and be safe out there
Jonathan, Listen, I am real sorry for coming across so cold hearted or mean, but I just want you to succeed. Sometimes being harsh is the best or only way to get the point across, especially for the most serious of topics, that being your future. It really is a reality check, and if you seriously don't think that writing that way ( the texting, mis-spelled words, and incorrect grammar etc)is a problem, or will lead to your downfall, you are seriously about to fail at being hired by any F.D. It may appear that we are just a bunch of old geezers giving you a hard time, and sure its ok for you to think that if you want, but we are just trying to help you out bro. The fact remains, somewhere down the line, there will be an "old geezer" that can hire you, or simply overlook your file.
I hope you understand what myself and the others who comment are really trying to do ok? Believe me, IF and when you get hired by a F.D., this stuff will be absolutely nothing compared to the hardass cases you might encounter from your officers and fellow brothers and sisters. Take all these comments, the positive one, and the ones you feel are negative.. take them ALL to heart. Its for your benefit only. Good luck bro.
well, help me with the stuff i need to exceeds in this field cause i want it. cause im really in dark with this and this is my dream so someone help me.
I'd go to a City FD or an Emergency Management Center and talk to the people there and they could probably guide you better on which way to go with this than what you can get on here, cause each state is a little different. Here in Mississippi most FD's only require first responder certification. But in general a EMT-B course is a good step toward getting hired, also being in good physical shape and being able to pass CPAT, that is the one thing holding me up from getting on with a FD.
thanks
Well said gentlemen. The point I was trying to make is that if you talk and write like someone who is uneducated, then everyone will think you are uneducated. I'm trying to say this as nicely as i can here, I don't want to hurt anyones feelings. Jonathan, if you want help I will tell you everything I know. But step one is speaking and writing like an educated adult. No fire department in the world is going to hire a Firefighter/EMT/Medic that comes across as uneducated.
Jonathan,
As you progress in the fire service, and move forward on this EMT adventure your writing skills will become more important. You will be required to write reports, letters, memos and such. It will be invaluable to you to take some classes on how to get the most out of your computer skills and some classes on writing. Learning these things will help you in every aspect of your life. When you have a lawyer reading your report your grammar, punctuation and sentence structure will be an important part of a professional report. Touch up these details and you will be successful. Good luck.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service