i thiinkin bout takin a emt b class and just wonderin how hard the class is and tell wat they treat you in that class and how long ur license is good for and do you have to run with a squad to keep them and just need all you can tell me bout it thanks

Views: 238

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Depends on what state youj live in,sometimes the area of the state you live in. I was an EMT B in MASS but NY won't grant reciprocity (it's OK I had been out for a while). NY class is very different, what EMT Bs can do is different but that probably is true no matter where you go.
"...tell wat they treat you in that class..."
I think that sums it up nicely.
teach you
License is usually good for 2 years, It is hard, but not too hard, if you took biology or human A&P in high school it will help you out alot in the first half of the course, I just recently got out of school for EMT-B. I don't know about other states but where i'm from, first you get a certification, I got mine through the state, then the national registry, and then When you go to work for either a FD or a ambulance service, that is when you get a license. As too what you learn it is just basic things about different parts of the body, and functions, then you learn about how to recognize different medical, and trauma emergencies, and how to treat them.
thanks with my fire dept we dont have a ambulance in our station but we do have county ambulance service i was wonderin if i should do it or not
depends on how easy it will be to find a job, and if you enjoy helping people with medical emergencies. I've been out a month and still haven't found any promising leads. However I do live out in the boondocks (Mississippi). But I haven't tried any FD's yet either. Are you a medical first responder?
no just a firefighter bout i have been thinkin bout to get into the medic part of it
try going through first responder course first, and after a few medical calls, you'll find out if you want to go ahead and be an EMT or not. I never considered being an EMT before, I got talked into going thru with the first responder course, and it got me hooked.
Why are you thinking about it. What's stoppiing you from signing up? If you really want to be an EMT -B then do it. Otherwise you're wasting your time and the instructors. You go to EMT courses to learn and that's where you're focus should be. Not on how hard it is and not on how they treat you. If you are affiliated with a squad or VFD, you can get your continuing education hours to maintain your cedretification at no cost to you. Otherwise pay the tuition to take a refresher course 6 months to year prior to your EMT cert expiring. Otherwise you be required to take the course again. What do you want to do?
i want to be a paid firefighter and i got to have emt to be that and see wat im saying
well, most firefighters are (or should be) hooked on phonics first! After mastering that course, THEN consider the other courses k. I am just saying.
In Texas we have a first responder certification called Emergency Care Attendant. Check to see what the most basic level is and do that first. State certifications are usually good for 2 or 4 years. You have to maintain your level through continuing education by attending more training whenever you can (72 hours every 4 years for EMT-B in Texas). The class is usually not hard. It depends on the instructor and the state's guidelines. Go for it and good luck. Medical is 75% of what we do.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service