OK, as I sit here on Sunday, waiting till Monday to call and set up my account, am just wondering who has done their nims cast and what kind of questions did they ask.

Views: 298

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My first commnet is.....what took you so long???? This was a requirement two years ago. NIMCAST tracts your jurisdictions compliance with NIMS requirements and also tracts your "corrective action plans" for getting compliant. This data is combined with your county's, then rolled up in the State's report. FEMA/DHS uses this to tract nationwide NIMS compliance. As for Federal Grants, and that means ALL federal grants (AFG/DHS/DOJ/FEMA, etc) this one is easy.....if your ddepartment is not compliant, your are NOT ELIGABLE for Grant money. Also, DHS is sending out Auditors to each jurisdiction to check records. Several Departments have already been caught "cooking" the books, so to speak, and have had to re-pay DHS/FEMA for the entire amount of the Grant. One City PD Chief, was almost jailed/fined for "refusing" to become NIMS compliant. He was told he had three choices.....one, become NIMS compliant within 60 days, or two, repay the entire grant (it was over a Million $) or three, go to jail for fraud......he decided to get his guys trained.
Yea I know, should have done it 2 years ago but....and this comes directly from FEMA, as of right now it is NOT required as part of AFG, there are some grants that it's tied to. And for the record “compliant” means that you have completed nimscast and have your resolution on file, being nims compliant has nothing to do with it, the nice lady I set our account up with says there is a lot of misinformation on this subject.
Got my 07 done and rolled....woo-hoo!! Now am working on 08...when did they mandate 800??
Why don't you just tell everyone that we are still riding the tailboard?
And...
You and the chief need to be working together on this so that everyone is on the same page.
AND, there should be a quality assurance step at the end to insure that the information is true and correct to the best of your knowledge.
Since you brought it up.
TCSS.
Art
What you trying to stir the pot.....the chief and I are on the same page, to bad the other 6 officiers aren't, well maybe 5. I am answering to the BEST of my knowledge, that's my story and I'm sticking to it...Tailboard , did you just say we can ride the board....yepee!! 08 done
I hope you're using spellcheck.
Heard anything on the "other thing"?
Did you see Colona got a fire station grant?
Art
Trainer, I sent you an email from the "other site" with what I know of the NIMSCAST process. Let me know if you think my info is off base.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service