Currently I am the emergency coordinator for the university that I am attending. There seems to be a lack of Pub. Ed. done in the university setting. We tell the the 3rd graders to stop, drop, and roll, but we loose them when they are 18, when they are old enough to join our ranks. So I'm working on putting together a safety week for my college. I want make a big deal out of it. To get our universities safer as well as maybe inspire them to join the service. Maybe light up a mattress in the middle of campus, show students how fast they burn, give them a real idea of what's going on. Does anybody have any suggestions for things that would work on the collegiate level?

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not a bad idea for sure. Although, I wouldn't suggest lighting any furniture in the middle of the campus, simply because of the toxins this can create (aside from it likely being illegal), there are videos that show the same destruction in a small setting (such as a campus dorm). You could show that on a big screen outside (if possible). Do some research and find out what your campus needs. Maybe join with security as well and focus on individual safety and how to help keep others safe as well... taking care of yourself and watching out for others. Maybe also do a day about safe driving. You could put together something very powerful if you focus on campus safety (muggings, etc), fire safety and safe driving (A teen dies every two weeks in North America due to drinking and driving... almost one third of university students are still teens).

I'm not that great at coming up with actual ideas... I'm the concept person, then I follow through on the details! lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service