NBC has launched a 'Way Back Wednesday' feature on its site including a full site for the hit 70's firefighting/EMS show 'Emergency!

You can check out the site by clicking here

Among its cool features:
  • Full downloadable and online viewable episodes (with a few commercials), seemingly more being added regularly
  • Photo Galleries, AIM Icons and Wallpapers
  • Games and Trivia

Check it out now, its kinda cool. Many of us got our 'inspiration' to join the fire/rescue service from the show.

The site also offers some classic episodes of the A Team, Alfred Hitchcock and Miami Vice, among others.

Get ready to hear those famous tones dispatching Squad 51! Pretty cool stuff. Check Out Emergency! Now and then comment about the show's impact on your time in the fire service right here.

You can also check out a photo gallery from Emergency! Fest in 2000 at the Hyattsville VFD, the last stop on the show's national tour to the Smithsonian.

Dave

Views: 276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OMG! **faints**
I had such a major crush on. well, I ain't saying,lol. But yes, that indeed was my ultimate favorite show and naturally like so many of us,, got inspired to go in the direction I have, due to this show. I couldn't wait to repel from a copter, or crib a vehicle to keep it stable, Run an I.V. line etc...even fight fires....I am just thankful that we don't use bottles for bags,lol, or those awful I.V needles, ouch. When I saw this, I thought I was going to panic, haven't seen an episode since I was 9 **pouts**. ( some of the crazy things I did trying to mimic them or thinking I could save a life, like my baby dolls, well, after I cut her head to make a wound to care for, or break an arm to repair or hang her upside down a small cliff to pull her to safety,hahaha)
Thank you for the information sweetie!
LOVED this show....my friends and I rigged up our own "ambulance" out in back of the garage with a Red Flyer wagon as the base and a huge appliance box on top......we recreated every new episode every week and were actuallyl rather democratic about it, we all wanted to be Johnny Gage, but took turns playing Dixie, Kelly, Joe and Roy --and the victim.....

Occasionally we'd break ranks and do an episode of Lost in Space, but most of the time it was Emergency where we honed our acting chops.
:)
I used call this inservice training. Every episode, we always had to stop what we were doing at the station to learn. I could "pop the caps" on the bicarb with the best of them.
So, How's the couch?....LOL
amen brother, cheap thrill was running a code outside in front of a crowd, popping the caps, and giving a little squirt of the juice in the air. You got to love it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service