Hi all! Just trying to get a feel for what kind of equipment is still in service out there! We've got a 1956 Ward LaFrance that was purchased new by the Dept and is still in active service (although not commonly!). Believe it or not, it's a 750 GPM Pump and is more powerful than a lot of the newer stuff we've got! The newest in the fleet is a 2003 Marion 75' Aerial Ladder. We've got a couple older trucks that are being restored and are collectors, but nothing else that old on the active roster. Anyone else still have good old trucks?

Views: 10413

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the oldest truck we did have was a 1972 la france pumped 750-GPM and a had a 500 gallon tank it was an awesome truck but hard to find parts for so we have just got our new pumper/tanker a custom cab by four guys out of PA. i think our oldest truck now is an 82 GMC pumper tanker.
We've got a 1973 ladder truck still in service but will be replaced next summer with a brand new Sutphen.
Our oldest is a 1993 Hummer. Its used for grass a brush fires.
Our oldest truck is a 1966 Hahn that is used as a reserve engine and for field fires was refurbished in 2002. Only 2 things wrong with it which is only a seat belt for the driver and its an open cab for the back. We allenjoy driving it with the sound of the screaming detroit going thru the gears.
Attachments:
We have 1969 cab over ford I cant remember if its a maxon or grunman but it used to be our first out engine until last year. We also had a 72 1 ton dodge as our rescue until 03 and our tanker is a 75 gmc 7500 the trucks old but has the best tanker bed in the county. We are buying a new chassis to put the bed on when we get the money.

I think its the oldest in the county 1976 Kenworth Pierce ran as watersupply 25up until last year
Hilltown Twp. VFC has a 1979 Hahn pumper that is still in active service. VMSC Lansdale has a 1985 E One heavy rescue and a 1970-something heavy rescue support truck (huge ass box truck) that is still used.
East End Fire Dept. in Arkansas has a 1971 Mack CF685-10 with a fairly new Ferrara rear body. Beutiful truck, but NO POWER STEERING! lol
That's why there is grant money. If that doesn't work out(get a grant writer!) fund raisers and other creative ways to come up with the money. But you are right, a lot of departments can't afford these things but i hasn't stopped them from getting the things they need.

oldest truck in service for my department......... Tac 7, a 1969 chevy brush truck with only 8,000 original miles running the original 350 small block.........
That's pretty old but looks to be in good condition. They could always remount it to a Topkick or F-650.
we just sold our 63 ford brush truck however we do have the first truck our department ever owned it's a Model T granted it's not in service but we take it out for parades

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service