looking for a little help on what we could do to offer new members and existing members, besides our retirement system. so if anyone can help me out here that would be great. thanks!

Views: 129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Something we are looking into is purchasing AFLAC insurance for all members. But a word of warning they have an age limit for who is eligible and it might make some of the older members mad that they cannot get that insurance
Well I am sort of into this kind of thing any way. I dont know how big a department you have. I am assuming you are volunteer. One thing could be "volunteer of the month" or something of the sort. You could put up a special board that looks really nice, perhaps a plaque with volunteer's names who have made great contributions that month whether in training or the most calls run, or a really great save they made on a medical call or really standing out by going the extra mile around the station. In addition, perhaps you could design new department t-shirts or job-shirts and offer them to the members either for no cost or a greatly reduced cost. I always think uniform items help the esprit d'corps. Perhaps you could go so far as to find a nice, new Morning Star lightweight helmet or a good Cairns on ebay and at the end of 3 or four months you could offer it all spruced up with name, rank,etc decals to a member who has really contributed. Just some thoughts.
We have a family day in the summer where all of us get together and have a good time. In the winter we have have a christmas party with cheap gifts. We have t-shirst, hats and sweat shirts they buy from time to time. We are a small department with little money, but the get togethers we have are all potlucks. This helps our guys stay together like a family. Hope these ideas help.
our guy's usually try to get together on friday nights and order food and either work on equipment together or play cards or darts. just plan old hang out and shot the breeze. does not have to be anything major.
Does your department offer a Commendation Recognition Event? I find FF's more than willing to help improve the department through Training recommendations, updating Standards, pre-planning, etc. Asking them to take more responsibility empowers them to work collectively and the benefits are professionally and personally rewarding. Moral improves and the district grows. By the way, I would be very interested in learning more about your retirement system. My district is currently gathering information in that realm. If possible contact me directly. thanks and good luck with moral hike. Remain Safe,

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service