The following news articles are available at firehouse.com. Copyright laws prevent me from copying the stories and posting them here. Least I think that is what the "do not redestribute" means at the bottom of the articles:

Anyway....

1. An Oklahoma firefigter is injured in a motel blaze.

2. Fire, Police vehicles collide in Baltimore. (Gee, wonder who will be found at fault for that!)

3. Mich EMT dies after injury at crash scene.

4. MISS Chief killed in accident while responding.

4 Incidents, 3 of them involved an accident, and 2 of those were response accidents. One of those was fatal. Obviously I do not have the facts on any of these incidents, other than what little was posted on firehouse.com.

My deepest sympathies to the families, stations, departments and all those directly effected by today's losses.

Over the course of the next few days, we may learn a little more about what happened. Could any of these accidents have been prevented? Probably. The Chief that died hydroplaned while responding and struck a vehicle. The EMT was on a crew that stopped to assist at an accident they came upon. While rendering aid, a 2nd vehicle lost control and struck the EMT. She was transported to and died at the trauma center. The article does not indicate whether or not other units were on scnee, whether blocking techniques were utilized, what the weather conditions were, etc. Two tragic losses in either event.

Keep and eye on each other, and yourselves. We need ALL of you.

Badger

Everyone Goes Home

Views: 48

Reply to This

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service