We As Volunteers.Need To Write Our County Officals & Explain To Them How Importmant Volunteers Really Are Both EMS & Fire Fighters To The Communities Thru Out The USA.& Promote Volunteerism Very Strongly.& Bring Back Volunteers In EMS & Firefighting.Because It Would Save Tax Payers Money.& Also Provide Man Power At Fires Or Auto Crashes....Steve,,

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it is just a sign of the times alot of the kids today do not want to volunteer their time. I am not saying that all are like this but i have talked to and asked over fifty teenagers about joining our junior program.

The response I get is they want to know how much we get paid and when I tell them we don't. I get the same response. "we will not do anything unless we get paid for it."

It might be that in some areas that us volunteers might be a dying breed, unless someone comes up with good insentives for the younger generation volunteers are in big trouble for recruitment.
Yes You Maybe Right.But We All Need To Try To Bring Back The Volunteers In Someway,Because We Are Needed Real Bad.All The Federal Mandates Have Helped To Chase The Volunteers Away.But We As Volunteers Are Able To change All Of That.By The Offers We Are Able To Make To People To Get There Intrest In Being A Volunteer.,Wll We All Need To continue To Keep Trying.Or It Will Come A Time Were Everything Will Be All paid Staff.Well Thanks For Your Reply..STEVE...
We are paid per call/volly and our roster is barely half full recruitment and money is so hard anymore i dont know if our county officials will help us out or not they dont understand everything we do for our communities above and beyond going to emergencies. Its hard enough having the city officials by our side.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service