Hello. My husband is a GSM and fireman in the Navy. He has been for 5 years now. He is getting out in March and we are to be moving back to the Canton/Belleville area in Michigan. He is deployed right now, so he can't do much research on the matter, but I figured I could. He is wanting to be a fireman when he gets out, and I was wondering what exactly he would have to do to become one in southeast, MI. I know most places have pretty much the same requirements, but they differ from here to there. So if anyone is already a firefighter in that area, could you shed some light onto what he will need to do? Thanks so much :-D

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He will have to take a minimum of firefighter 1 and possibly fire 2. Depending on the size of the department what else they will require to take. He may get on right a way but will have to take the classes with in two years to remain on. They will have thier own laws and obligations for thier department. I am a captain in Coral in the middle of the state. We are a small town, but the classes are all the same. Hope this helps if not get in touch with me through my site here and i will try to help more.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service