This video was forwarded around earlier today, from FirefighterCloseCalls.com. Its a year-old video found on YouTube.

It shows some firefighters joking around, clearly going to or coming back from some sort of festivity presumably off duty. One firefighter appears to be drinking alcohol in the back of the engine.

Funny? Or does posting it online show firefighters in a bad light -- regardless of whether its on duty or not?

Views: 464

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lute:
You a crusty old jake by chance?
york, pa is a super rural area.... maybe that has something to do with it?????

i agree with you, i dont here it absolutely every shift but its pretty frequent
i find it dishonorable and down right wrong that you would be smoking and drinking in your truck, thats just plain dumb. Now having fun in a non moving truck thats ok. but to be drinking thats wrong. Shows us as just dumb fire fighters, and not trained professionals. It makes me sick
i think it looks like a wedding so.... gotta cut him some slack but its still stupid to put it on youtube where the people who look up yo us can see that ans wonder why there payin taxes for a truck we drink in instead of fight fires
Ok as for the video it is disturbing. The drinking, smoking, and drawing attention to it by the pass alarm going off just proves to some people we are real professional. If people cant tell we are not the most liked branch of the emergency service. We are the only group that can run lights on our pov's and they call us cowboys. Now with them acting like this we really will get some new names thrown at us. Why cant people like this use thier head before they do stupid stuff with or around fd property. If our chief caught any of us acting like this we would be thrown out for a while and the drinking we wouldnt be coming back. I am up for a good time but come on we are firemen little boys and girls want to be like us, but acting like this I hope they dont become like us.
I don't know. Am I?

Is it a good thing or a bad thing?
At another website that I frequent, there is a member by the same user name.
Thought it might be you.
It is a good thing.
All people from other sites should just be here. :)

LOL
While these guys are having a good time, it does not look good to the public. Remember everyone is watching what we do and will judge us based on that moment. I think we should be careful how we present ourselves in a forum like You Tube or anyplace the "public" will be viewing us. As far as alcohol goes, it just don't belong on the rigs with us.
Any video posted publicly on the web showing individuals consuming alcohol while wearing clothing displaying their Dept name shows bad judgement. But is this video the only place this happens. Take a little time and look around this very web site. There are many instances showing photos of individuals consuming alcohol while wearing their dept name. Dont get me wrong I enjoy a good cold beer as much as anyone. My concern is where do we draw the line. When you become a member of a government organization do you have to stop publicly partaking altogether. I am not trying to defend this video they are completely wrong.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service