Ok I got a phone call yesterday from my father saying someone just robbed the bank my sister works at....The culprit didn't get too far thanks to this firefighter =) Thanks Christian ..Job well done!!

Firefighter foils bank heist
Waterbury employee helps police locate suspect

BY LAURESHA XHIHANI
REPUBLICAN-AMERICAN
WATERBURY — An off-duty firefighter chased a bank robber while on the phone with police, giv­ing a description of the suspect that led to his capture a short distance later.
City firefighter Christian Beatty was inside Webster Bank at the Brass Mill Center, located at 495 Union St., when the robbery took place, said Police Lt. Fred Spagnolo. Ronald Bloomfield, 44, of 181­4 Maybury Circle in Waterbury, passed the teller a note saying he had a gun, Spagnolo said. Bloom­field then used a Webster promo­tional bag he took from a counter to carry an undisclosed amount of cash the teller gave him.
Spagnolo said as Bloomfield fled the bank, Beatty chased him, giving police an accurate description and the direction of his movements over the phone. Police caught up with Bloomfield, who was fleeing on foot behind the mall on East Main Street.
Spagnolo said Bloomfield had the bag with the money on him when he was caught, but no weapon.
Bloomfield was charged with first-degree robbery and second­degree larceny.

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow that is indeed commendable. I often wonder if faced with the same situation if I would do the same thing. I would like to think I would, but the thought of a person who said they "have a gun" turning tht gun on me to get away would brng me bck to reality. I would only be as good as my memory and camera phone to provide an accurate description, no john wayne for me. WTG FF Beatty
Very well done!! I congratulate you on the bravery you showed getting the direction and description of the robber. I hope if it ever happens to me i can do the same thing you did. Two fire hoses up bro.
Well I am glad to see that all turned out well and that your sister and co-workers are doing alright. To the firefighter that helped capture him, A job well done goes out to you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service