and you had a chance to help some by going public even though it meant that you never have privacy, you would receive death threats, had to get security camera's at home and most likely obtain a gun permit, would you do it?

If it helps from Hundreds to Thousands of Fire, EMS and Police?
Would you put yourself at risk?

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would need more specifics before I could really comment
Many of us were contaminated on 9/11 at the WTC and after 9/11 for months many of us were exposed to stuff that is now killing us. I have pulmonary fibrosis as a result and god only knows what else.

I want to know if any of you out here would participate and be part of a documentary and tell your story knowing your privacy would be forever gone but it would allow the story to be told. As a result of the story being told, since the mainstream media wouldnt cover it nationally, people would be informed and some action would come.

Would you do it?
I would do it so that the story would be told. Don't get me started on the atrocities of 9/11. Those opinions are documented on another site. My prayers are with you, Reggie. All because you guys weren't supposed to let on how dangerous ground zero was. "We don't want to alarmthe public" ... OK I'll quit before I get to heated. I would consider this as an act of truepatriotism in that the person would be helping expose those responsible for these atrocities. As well as the fact that in order to fix something you have to acknowledge it's broken. The fact that this was a gigantic cluster#@^& by those in charge has to be publicized in order to keep it from happening again. Such an act won't bring back your health or reverse the damage but it would make sure that it didn't happen in vain. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.
I Think I Would Do The Story To Help Others...That Plays A BIG Part Of This Line Of Work Learning From Things That Happen And Learning From Other People... I Will Def. Keep You In My Prayers!!
And I Thank You For The Help You Gave That Sad September Day!!
Thank You Very Much!!!
Candy
You wouldn't be the first to go public with this, and you most certainly should go public... and if you receive death threats, etc, that should be made public as well. I have heard many stories of those who were not technically working (not on shift or being paid for their efforts) being left out in the cold and I thought there was an effort being made to help these people (through the mayor, possibly senator... sorry, not exactly sure... of course it's big news on the anniversary and then conveniently forgotten again).

One of my colleagues was there as well when it happened. He worked for 4 days straight, he said the masks that they were "told to wear" would be full of dirt and grit on the inside within ten minutes. There are replies from city officials saying these weren't worn and that is why people are suffering, but apparently worn or not, they did not help.

Go forward with your story, let it be told. Hopefully it will save lives and you will get more support than you think. Garner support first, have people standing behind you and beside you with their own stories.

Good luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service