ISO Asks for Feedback on Potential Revisions to the FSRS. The Insurance Services Office (ISO) is starting a project to review and, if warranted, update the content of the Fire Suppression Rating Schedule (FSRS).

ISO’s objective for this “Draft Concept FSRS 2009” project is to identify portions of the current Public Protection Classification evaluation that are worthy of potential revision. ISO is inviting a variety of stakeholders that deal with water, fire and emergency communications to provide feedback on the scope and feasibility of the possible revisions.

Visit www.isomitigation.com/fsrs to review the summary of the potential revisions and provide feedback.

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I came across this article. I'm sure this is what a lot of us have been saying for several years.

http://blog.firechief.com/mutual_aid/2008/12/17/iso-system-obsolete/
You know, I'd been wondering about this 'ISO' rating I see people in North America mentioning. I thought, "how do these ratings work, I've never heard of them before". Simple, the ISO I know of is the International Organization for Standardisation - a very different animal! 'Insurance Services Office' eh?
That's what I wanted to say, only Chief Jennings said it better.
Aligning ISO with NFPA makes sense. Why the need for two sets of standards (ISO vs. NFPA)? This "overhaul" of the rating standards is long overdue.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service