I AM A DISPATCHER FOR A RURAL EMS SERVICE IN OKLAHOMA,WE SEE THE DAMMEST THINGS EVERYDAY AS SO DO YOU ALL. WE AS DISPATCHERS GET THE CALL FOR EMS FIRST AND WE HAVE ALOT OF TRAUMA TO DEAL WITH TILL YOU GET OUT THERE IN THE FIELD TO THE CALL.
MY MEDIC REALLY TAKE CARE OF US,THEY THANK US FOR GOOD DIRECTIONS AND SOMETIMES NOT FOR BAD DIRECTIONS LOL LOL
WHAT IS YOUR THOUGHTS ON YOUR DISPATCHERS OUT THERE?

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm also a dispatcher (police, fire and ems) for a small agency. I'm also a paid volunteer for our fire dept. My fire guys love it when I dispatch becasue they say that I give them only the info needed for their call. Its also the way I dispatch it, very slow. I know what its like to grab your gear while cranking an engine. But one thing is for sure, the dispatchers are unsung heros. We had an armed robbery one shift and all of the officers that were involved got some type of award or certificate. I didn't recieve anything.
LOL i know alot of dipatchers due a outstanding job but if you ever listen to ours when they dispatch you would just laugh your ass off we bring this up all the time to the chief maybe next time ill recored them and put it on here but for the ones that due a outstanding job THANK YOU
lol i am also a dispatcher and i work on the road so understand both sides of the spectraum. i am happy to report that a good dispatcher makes life eaiser when your on the road. ( that doesnt mean everything is always correct because you dont always have the correct information) i give props to the dispacthers i have who do their job so i can do mine and i also give credit to my crews who do what they have to do so i can get my job done when im behind the desk. now if we could just get everyone else to act professionally and get their jobs done right and in a timely manner We'd all mae one hell of a team lol
Dispatchers are wonderful people. Most of the time they do go above and beyond the call of duty. We have a couple in our center, No, we have quite a few who are amazing. They are really good with their diction and if it could be misunderstood they go over it again & spell it if they need to. They are very curteous to us, polite with a "nice" voice. I know that sounds odd but what I mean is they are not snappish & bitchy on the radio.
We have one guy who is often a smart ass on the radio. My daughter was listening to a call one night & text me saying she wanted to slap a dispatcher. Then something else happened and she told me she felt like reporting him. She used to work in a 911 center. This guy really is the exception to the rule. He is a medic, has been a fire fighter and a deputy sheriff. He has been on the other end. What do you do in this case? When a dispatcher bites your head off every time you radio them? Whey they yell at you? It is not just me or my department he has issues with, it is with every body in the county. This guy makes me so mad sometimes I really think it is a good thing he is about 30 miles away.
You would think that he would be a little more easy since he's been on the other side. Who knows. I know of officers who run tags of cars in parking lots because a dispatcher ticked them off. Some dispatchers know not to take things personally as well. If someone comes over the radio ill and hatefull, it could just be the call. An hour later everything is hunky dory.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service