All,
I own a restaurant here in my hometown. I've decided to go away from the typical restaurant look and move to more of a firefighting memorabilia look. I'm hoping to create a place that the area firefighters can come and enjoy a meal while feeling at home while teaching the public a little about the fire service.. I'm looking for old helmets, helmet fronts, patches, department t-shirts (including IAFF), nozzles, pike poles, engine bells, Federals, etc.. I'm hoping to get things from all over the country, but I'm not sure how that'll go. I've got a little bit of stuff from my two departments, but not nearly enough to decorate a restaurant with.. SO! If any of you are interested in helping me out, please drop me a line and I'll forward you my contact information. ALSO, if you're unable to provide anything but know of a good "hook-up", please let me know that too!

Thanks again brothers and sisters! BE SAFE!

ED REPLIED 10/21/08 11:11

Views: 94

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

We've got a local resturant like that also, and they went around to all the local department and recieved quite a bit of equipment, and pictures, so I'd sujest the same thing or do a google search or place an add in firehouse or a magazine.
from a celebrity like you, I will send you MY address Cap :)
EBAY
I have seen this too, and even donated some personal stuff, gear / helmets / playpipes and when they went belly up where did my stuff end up? Gone.... in the foreclosure...

Best of luck in your endevaour though.
The local Applebee's resturants have this theme in their foyers. I remember seeing photos of fires that I think were downloaded from the newspaper website & printed. There were pictures of fire apparatus that I recognized. (I live across the river but work,shop& have fun here.) The local fire chief would probably be happy to pose for a picture with you shaking hands in front of your business. Ebay has all types of FF equipment (maybe some brass hose couplings & nozzles) In one resturant there was a section of hose tacked up around the wall. Our Designs & Roberts to name a couple have just about any thing you can imagine from cookie jars to wall hangings. Hit a flea market. Someone painted a piece of slate for my brother with a fire fighter on it. Around here you find concrete or plaster fire hydrants (yard decorations) or stepping stones with a fire scene on them.

Don't forget to let the other FDs in the area know what you are doing. You will end up with more stuff than you know what to do with. Good luck!!
What an awsome idea. sure will come and visit that...need an address as to where to send you things..I will help get the word out. Will you in anyway be telling where you recieved things from? TTYL, Cathy
There actually used to be a resturant like this in upstate NY somewhere really great place but horrible location it was called the firehouse resturant i belive trying looking it up you may get a few ideas i know they even had a few "older" peices of apperatus around it aswell good luck
I have noticed lately alot of memorobilia at the local flea market where I live. Most of the stuff the general public does not know what it is. I stumbled across an old hand pump extinguisher the other day and I asked the gentelman how much for it, he told me that it was just an old lawn and garden sprayer, I picked it up and you could plainly read the sticker that said that it was a fire extinguisher. I asked him again how much and he told me 20 bucks, I handed the man the money and I took off running, cause I know that I stole it from him at that price. But anyway also I would recommend checking antique dealers, sometimes you can find deals there. Another place would be to check E-bay, believe it or not there is tons of stuff there. If you would like to collect patches and make a wall of patches let me know and I will get you one of our district patches.
To be the devil's advocate here, do you have a business plan, do you have the finances, do you have the experience, and on it goes.

Many people (including myself) have donated t-shirts and other stuff in years gone by, only to see it end up on eBay or as FETC sasy, it just disappears.

Greta idea Ed, but I think you've got to come up with more than just an idea, before asking for donations...
All, there has been some discussion on here and in my inbox about what would happen with the items SHOULD something happen to my business. I'll tell you FIRST that with everything I recieve, I'll place contact for everyone on an inventory sheet. If something should happen, I'll gladly send everything back to its rightful owner. Listen, I'm not out looking for a way to re-sell anyone's stuff, I'm also not out to make a fire room at my house with the stuff (my wife hates the stuff I've got!). I just feel like fire service tradition is something that our public doesn't know much about and I'd love for them to be able to see the items first-hand.

IF you're someone who is willing to help out, here is our mailing address.

Darlington Pizza King
C/O Ed Ward
PO Box 11
Darlington, IN 47940
Hey folks closing this thread ... no commercial related posts here, this one is kinda borderline.

Dave

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service