a little unsure of where to post this, sorry if it in the wrong spot...

Im not going to lie most of the people in in station (juniors, firefighters, everyone) use some form of tobacco on a daily basis. Honestly i thought this was simply the norm until we visited another junior firefighter post and found out they get kicked off for using tobacco products. I really want to hear your thoughts on firefighters and juniors who use tobacco products as well as what rules your station has for both firefighters and junior firefighters who use tobacco products. My station really doesn't care, the only real rule is you have to take your dip out/put your smoke out during our meetings/trainings and this is only for safety. Thank you for your help!! stay safe

Views: 4607

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well this is a timely discussion. Last night I found out that a couple of spit bottles were found in the cab of the ambulance. Boy, am I going to have a speech prepared for our next meeting.
Joe, There not mine. I spit out of the window. TCSS
In my department, there are guys who dip and that is their business. It just becomes annoying and disrespectful when they either leave their spit cups any and everywhere or when they spit on the bay floors. The smokers are not as bad, because their is no smoking allowed in the station, but sometimes they smoke on the rigs which is also banned. The worst part is that we have a junior explorer who is following suit because he wants to be like the rest of the guys. So, the only rule that we have regarding tobacco products is no smoking in the station and I do not believe that junior members should be allowed to use any tobacco products at all.
the only white ambulance with a brown stripe down both sides..........

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service