I've seen lots of Companies, Squads, and such that have sayings on their apparatus. Like FDNY has "Midtown Madness" for Ladder Co. 24/Engine Co. 1, or "Never Missed A Performance" on Engine 54 and "Pride of Midtown" on Ladder 4. What is your company/squad motto or what do you have written on your apparatus?
Back a few years ago my old department had a 110 ft stick and the next largest in the area was a 95 foot platform, so we unoficially used a few slogans
1. Mines bigger than yours! Chief hated that one
2. Home of the Big Stick
3. Reach for the Sky
We really don't have a motto...me and a few of the guys at the department have tried to come up with a few. So far we have
- "We haven't lost a basement yet!"
- "From kickin' tires, to fightin' fires..we're there"
- "When a garden hose just won't put it out.."
- "When every second counts, call someone else"
- "Serving with pride, protectors of the doublewides".
- "We're Station 1, who the hell are you?"
Co. 1 "Serving with pride since 1895"
Co. 2 "Root St." (Oscar the Grouch pictured inside joke)
Co. 3 "The nut hut - Don't get roasted"
Co. 4 "Joker's Wild - From the hill to the highway"
Co. 5 "Always rolling"
Co. 6 "Runway to Fairway"