I'm looking into purchasing a new helmet and have decided that I'm going to buy the Cairnes 1044. I have always used the bourke eye-shield, but have seen the new defender visor and was intrigued. Does anybody have any thoughts either way?

Thanks, and stay safe

Views: 226

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I order the same helmet, just waiting for it to get here. A couple of guys on the dept have them and love them. The only complaint was by one guy that wears glasses, he says the sheild pushes them on his nose. I tried to buy his off him and he told me no way, hes getting contacts!!!!
Thanks a lot! stay safe out there brothers
I haven't tried the defender shield yet, but it looks like it would work good and be protected from scratches while being carried in your POV or gear bag. I have my helmet just over 7 years (Cairnes New Yorker) and need to replace the bourkes at least once a year because of this. So in my book it looks like a good investment.
i am interested in getting a cairnes helmet with the defender visor but am concerened about it hitting my mask do you have any issue with this please give me the answer i am looking for
I will take a full face shield any day, just not the same to me. What about using chain saw, or K12 saw, no face protection with it.
man just saw the pic of that new helmet i love it going to my chief to get me one i just wonder if i could change the face peice only on my helmet
I use a 1044, and I love it! I have no complaints.
i just got the 1044 with the defender visor and i have no problems with it. but i just put bourkes on it tonight for the look plus its added protection since you can have them both down at the same time. it was wroth every penny i put in it in my opinion.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service