Hey just looking for some great ideas for my department. We will be hosting an open house and this station has not done one in 20 years. I am in charge and would love some advice. We want to show off our new trucks and our renovated station. So any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you have room on the property to let the kids ride on the truck ? Have you gone to the area buisnesses and asked for items to use as door prizes ? We have found that a lot kids want their picture taken with fire fighter gear . We even have the air up jumping houses for the little kids . Plus the food you got to have the food there .
my brother in laws dept. had an open house and they had a plywood house that was approx 8'X8'. in the house they had windows cut out and in the windows were little flame cut outs secured with a hinge. they let the little kids (with the help of a firefighter) use a hand line to shoot out the fake flames. it was pretty cool. they of course had all the fire prevention pamplets, and a smoke house is always a big hit.
we do car washes with our ladder truck and they drive under it and you could do like a little carnival for the kids:)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service