Well what do you people think about jr. firefighters, do you have them in your dept, Do you think its a good idea for them...

Tell me why..... Dale

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have them, and I think its a great idea. You never know who's life it can make a differance in for the better. I would hope it gives them some kind of a responsibilty. Instead of being out on the street, taking drugs, drinking, stealing,etc, they could be learning something and hopefully maybe interested in a career. Help them decide what classes they might need for college. They might even influance others to do the same and steer them clear of a life of crime or being unsuccesful at life.I wish it would have been available at my hometown when I was 16-17 yrs old. Theres alot of good positive things about the fire service and ems. Good role models.
We have cadets in our dept.They are allowed to join at age of 13 and become firefighters at age of 18.We have started a group on here called "Parents of cadets and junior firefighters" to help with issues of safety or concerns.I am all for cadet programs.This gives the kids a place to go instead of creating trouble.They also can train for the future to become the best in the industry.Remember,they are our future.Be safe.
I think it is a great idea.. It gives them a chance to see what we do.. We have 2 in ours and they help roll hose ,go to training in house ,help woth functions.. We have rules also..grades have to be passing,no skipping for fires, no fouling around at the house, but hard when the big kids play lol...
i think its an awsome idea (being that i am one) i joined about a year ago it has been awsome ever since
nice ideas guys hope to hear more!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service