I am looking for a personal rescue belt to put a personal rescue bag or bail out kit on, to wear with my gear. I know that some think this is a useless item but if it is used 1 time in my firefighting career it will pay for itself. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as brand name and also where to purchase. Thanks

Views: 1086

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wear a RIT Rescue Systems Kevlar NFPA Belt and added a Golfire, Inc. FESH Bailout Kit with window sill anchor hook.

Look up the belt at RIT Rescue Systems and the FESH can be found at www.fetcservices.com
I also have a Kevlar belt - got it from Golfire. I like those guys - good to do business with and it's plenty enough for me. The Golfire belt is a cheaper version of the Colorado Truckman Belt (in fact the maker talked to me a bit about having to change because he was infringing on the Colorado copyright a bit much). Anyway, the Colorado Belt is more, but I suspect it is worth it. My needs are very limited - small rural department. Third story is the most I worry about and not many of those. So you may need the top of the line - I don't know you. I'm the only guy on my dept. to carry a rope. That and a carabiner is my escape kit. So I'm not the guy to take too much advice from, but that's my two cents.

Here's the link to Golfire www.gloveholders.com

Here's the link to Colorado Belt www.fireinnovations.com

Here's a Firehouse forum on the same topic for ideas - they recommend some others http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=53093
I also wear and sell the RIT rescue systems Class II harness. I have tried several and this one works great without modifying your gear. I would not recommend a belt at all. If you have to bail on a class I harness (belt), you will get hurt for sure. The RIT harness can go either inside or outside your gear. If you have harness keepers on your gear, or can get them, then also look at the Yates harness that I linked below. I have an EXO on my RIT harness and another bailout bag in my other gear. If you are interested let me know and I can give you some more information. I have used or tried almost every style of system out there.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service