we have Scott 4.5 uses2 aa for the heads up display and 2 9v for the pass device. We have change the batteries 3 months ago and are dead already. We had industrial batteries in them now we are using Energyizer e2 platnum. We are a small town that dosnt run many calls that use the packs. What do you guys use and how long do yor batteries last.

Views: 487

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our packs are MSA. They use two triple a for the hud, two triple a for the voice mitter, Actually one correction the hud actually use's 4 triple a total two on the face piece and two in the transmitter on the pack gauge. And then our pass use's one 9 volt. Our average life of the batteries is about 3 months. It does not seem to matter what type of batteries we use, 3months is about the best we get.
we've got the same packs and use the same type of battery that you use, we called Scott about the same problem and they said we're using the right batteries is just that we need to pay attention to the life of them, we now change all our batteries out every other month:)
In our Msa's we used duracell procell. They usually last around 3 months also
for that pack i would use duracell .we have the same kind . also keep up on reglure pm's . We do monthly inspections and a batterie change every 6 months. reguardless on how many runs .
What type of batteries? Fully charged ones of course! No seriously we use the same ones you have Mike! (2-AA & 2-9V) As for how long do they last, I'm not 100% sure but I can tell you it's way longer than 3 months! Maybe something's wrong with your packs.
Thanks everyone all the stations around here said the say things.
The Duracell Procells last about 6 months for us. We change them only when they need it. We used to change them every 6 months no matter what. Another thing to do is keep the bypass valves cracked. If you have a minute leak of your bottle, and you all do, this will eventually charge the PASS line and turn on your pack. We have had PASS alarms going off for not reason in closed trucks. If you are not there, you will find dead batteries. The leakage is acceptable per the gas people and is normal. We have also had good luck with Panasonic batteries.
Duracells, around 6 months.
My department uses Duracell batteries and we change them every 6 months.

Andy
Wow you guys must have a newer model or somethin, our 4.5 Scott's use 3 9v's (2 pass 1 HUD) We ran into this problem when we first got the packs, battieries were corroding in the packs and were dead in a month. We were using energizers. A call to Scott and they told us to use the plain copper top Duracell, we have not had this problem since and the batteries last 6+ months.
The newer version changed the heads up to AA batteries.
I'm a service technician for a fire equipment supplier (and former firefighter) and I would never tell anyone that a leakage is acceptable and normal. It isn't!! A cylinder is not supposed to leak at all. If it does it needs to be repaired. There is no such thing as a minute leak.....a leak is a leak period.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service