What kind of tools if any do you carry in your pov. I'm on a small vol. dept and I respond out of my truck alot and beat the engine on scene. I carry an axe, palaski, fire rake, rescue bar, chainsaw, basic medical supplies I.E. gloves BP cuff and an erg handbook.

Views: 1346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

up till recently me and another ff that lives close to me carried scbas with us but they was to big to have in your pov.
I only carry my PPE, my scanner to listen to who's responding and the initial report, a copy of the 2008 DOT Emergency Response Guidebook and CERT bag, which has a 4 in 1 tool, hard hat, small first aid kit, work gloves, CERT traffic vest, and 2 flashlights. I kinda keep things light because if I respond to the scene, the 1st due isn't that far behind.
I carry an additional set of gear with the same personal tools as I have in my primary set, an axe, a 10lb ADC and a pressurized water extinguisher, road flares, two oscillating roadway markers, medical cloves.Typically I report to station first but as Assistant Chief there are times depending on circumstance that I respond direct. For that reason I do not carry a lot of equipment.
PPE and a ABC extinguisher
soon to have a med bag
I carry fuzies(flares), turnout gear , fully stocked first out bag, hand held radio, hand light, sand bags, refective vest, rope, straps, binoculars, map, drinking water, durring brush fire season, brush gear.
oh and a map
While its against the rules here in Australia to respond directly to the scene in your private vehicles most volunteer fire fighters carry their turn out gear so if a call out does happen and they are too far from their brigade station can rock up at a neighbouring brigade who is being called and respond with them

However there are times when a volunteer fire fighter is first on scene of an emergency and has called in with a sitrep while providing traffic control or first aid pending on the situation

I carry with me an emergency first aid kit, UHF CB radio, Scanner (so i know who is being responded), mobile phone, my CFS turn out gear, TFT Res-Q-Rench, on the odd occasion my rakehoe

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service