Do you think a 18 or 19 year should be the chief of a volunteer fire dept.

Views: 331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your kidding right?
In all fairness I"d like to meet the new chief in question at a local watering hole and discuss the matter over a drink....uh never mind.
For those just tuning in, here's a link to an earlier discussion on this topic. It does not appear to be a joke.

http://www.firefighternation.com/forum/topic/show?id=889755%3ATopic...
Yeah, the previous forum had some great points about leadership well worth checking out....and if I may add a thought, it's kind of embarassing when your mom drops you off at the station for the monthly business meeting that you as the chief are leading!
Mike not a whole lot from what i see . His fire board is who elected him . Yes he has asked for help and that does give a little look at his common sense .
Sorry, do not want to affend anyone but NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm with you on this one Mike. It would be like enlisting in the Army and they made you a General right off the bat! CRAZY!
An 18 year old with a business degree? Did he graduate from high school when he was 15?
thats my point
Tony not really we are going to start some classes for them . I do wonder why some of the others turned it down .
its true Michael Schlags
lol that was funny lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service