I'm not going to lie here and I'll probably catch so greef on this one, but if I can get pasted the safety officer without wearing my nomex, I will. I hate them period and yes I've had hot embers go down my neck and I've gotten severe burns from them, but I can find a fire so much faster without it on because when you've got it on you cant feel the heat as much, I like feeling the heat because in a totally smoke filled house I use that heat to find the fire and there's about 3 of use on the department that are the most aggressive interior attack guys we've got and none of use like to wear them. If we get caught without them we've got to put them back on and its like going into a fire clueless and searching all over to find the fire. Just wanted to know if anybody else does this or are we the only ones out there...................................be honest know:)

Views: 1897

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

wow, great piont and I bet if I followed you around for a day I'd find a handfull of thingk you did wrong to put your life on the line...................................take care :)
After 18 years of doing this, coming up from smoke eater days to present using the latest greatest technology, I seriously doubt it. And especially nothing as STUPID as what you have stated here. I spent 4 months in school because the rules changed and I didnt have a little piece of paper saying I knew what I was doing and had been doing for years. When it comes to the lives of my Brothers, I wear what I am supposed to, to be able to put MY life on the line in case THEIRS IS. And if for some reason the Monster gets me/us, we will all be dressed out IN FULL PROPER GEAR. I wouldnt have you any where near me in a live fire/rescue situation. You dont care about yourself or the Company's rules, you dang sure dont give a hoot about anyone else on your Company. And you are a liar if you say you do.
your right I just do this job because I dont want to and I dont care about anybody else.................................. bye bye:)

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service