Do you carry a rescue knife and if so, what brand? Gerber? Smith/Wesson?
Is it a one-handed model? Spring loaded?
What is a good blade length?

Views: 560

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I carry the Pocket Rocket, from the Martha Stewart Collection. It comes with a matching holster for the ankle, in case of incarceration, and is virtually undetectable by prison guards. It's also handy as a frosting spreader and lug wrench.
I haven't attempted the julienned fries yet.
lol.... shhhh, not that kind of rescue knife, but I think I have to get one of those... Just in case! ;)

I don't carry a knife, but I should. A lot of the guys carry a diving knife attached to the front of their bunker gear. I had a cover, a simple push of the button and it comes free (push with thumb as you're pulling it out). They are relatively cheap and very sharp. Easy to deploy and easy to put back in the sheath, even with gloves on (I'm sold, I have to go get one... lol).
Actually, I didn't carry a knife. I carried a seat belt cutter and a Leatherman tool.
Most of us in our station have the simple box cutter knife, simple, cheap and it works, easy to operate with firefighting gloves on.
I also carry a Leatherman tool but use the box cutter knife way more than the tool.
I also carry a composite / plastic folding hose wrench which works really well.
Huw:
I had a guy who carried a roll of duct tape in his bunkers. Honest to God.
He went to an extrication class and came back thinking that duct tape was the answer to EVERYTHING.
He carried a roll and had two spares at his locker. He moved on to another department. He'll make the hardware store in that town very happy.
oops, I meant to say, it has a cover, not I had a cover... lol
That's exactly what I carry now... seatbelt cutter, multitool, window punch and a small wrench... among some other things..
I carry the Gerber Hinderer model...it is big enough that I can pry with it and has an oversized lug to accomadate use with gloves...also has a built in O2 wrench and a seat belt/clothing cutter...and a hardened tip to take out auto-glass......even comes with multi tips screwdrivers....Nice package and if you shop around you can find them in the $ 50 range....but worht every cent.....Paul
His name wasn't "Red Green" was it...?? LOL...I used to put a roll of contact paper in the Ambulance....if you had to take out a window and put it on the glass first there would be no spraying at all...little trick learned from the Indians in the wild west......Paul
His name was Winston Rothschild.
No; check that. He smelled like what he pumped!
I carry a S&W 911 First Response knife, but a number of years ago the blade stop broke. Haven’t gotten around to sending it back yet, but since it’s under lifetime warranty, what’s the rush? If I had it to do over again, I would go with a Leatherman and a center punch.
i carry gerber

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service