Curious, I make leather fronts for leather helmets It started out because I'm a cheapo and said "Heck I can do that!". I don't really do it for the money, I'll normally do them for cost and a couple of beers. I'll make them for friends and stuff but I do it mainly because it's something to do. I also do radio straps and normal leather belts.

Anybody else out there make their own stuff? I've seen some guys out there who do beautiful work.

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A Sample of my boredom.
Attachments:
Not bad at all. I have hooked up with Box Alarm leather. They make similar style fronts. Nice job.
They do some very nice work.
i have always wanted a front for our department we live by a river thought maybe river rats
Better than leather fronts...
http://www.theartoffire.com/helmet_fronts.htm
we have the main river rescue team for our county and our mascot is a rat. I'll try and find you some pictures of our older logos with the rat in them. Our team is called RIver Rescue And Tactical Support, so thats how we got River RATS. But back to the front, I've been thinking up some designs and trying to turn it into a front, if I get it done I'll let you know.
Try this for a rat.
Attachments:
Man nice work! Looks greats!
Love the picture and the art work. We went to carins and to another outfit. It would be cool to see a custom award like they did in the old days. They were about 12 to fifteen inches high ad were given out as a cost effective award over the cost of a trumpet. I liked the old style ones with the cut out letters
Made the One I got on My Helmet
That front looks great rfdjumper. I've never made one but I'd like to try to make one for myself. Can anyone give me an idea of what's involved, i.e. where to get the leather, how to cut it, stitch it, paint it etc...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service