In our state there is a new radio system we were told all departments will have one radio for this system . There is a county oem person that has a bunch of radios locked up and will not turn them over to the departments unless there is a emergency if they are lucky . What could be done to force the issue ?

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

kick him out of office lol
This sounds like an issue for the Fire Chiefs in your County to deal with. They may have to go over this individual's head to get some results. Keeping all the radios locked up until there is an emergency makes no sense at all!
Well not sure what your State or County as in place but I can tell you that from ours we had to return the old county /State radios provided by State police and buy our own new Radios with the county and state freq's in it basically it sounds like this is what you guys will be facing as well thus making everyone same radio system, the OEM radio jockey more than likely knows or see's it coming and this is his/her way of saying "nanananana" cause its more thing they lose power of, after being a Radiological officer for OEM I honestly need to know what they think they are holding onto cause they really are more of a go between if anything really major goes down.
Does your county radio hog have an expedited distribution plan? What about emergencies where seconds count? He must be working in a vacuum.
Sometimes, and I'll repete myself, sometimes people in this position suffer from power managment. You take a guy or gal, send them to a half a dozen powerpoint classes, and all of a sudden they are emergancy managers in charge of some importment stuff, give them some equipment and look out! Usually they got this job because the know somebody, and in my opinion have no more clout than a dog catcher, but they sure think so. Ask him for a copy of his IAP, if you don't get it, go to the county board.
Usually they seem like the type who couldn't get onto a Police or Fire Department in the first place. (My appologies to any OEM people out there who DON"T fit this description!)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service