Has anyone ever used a Tempest VentMaster chain saw? I know of a few "big" departments that use them (Baltimore, FDNY- Squads, Charlotte...), but was interested in different opinions of them. We are leaning torwards them as our next saw. Thanks!

Views: 185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We used to use Cutter's Edge with the bullet chain. I changed them over to the ventamster setup. The ventmaster chain is amazing. Now, here is a trick to save some money and get a better saw. Get the new Stihl Rescue saw power head. Then get the ventmaster bar and chain kit from Tempest. They sell these kits for most saws out there that have enough power. We built two saws for about $1000 each. I think they sell complete saws in the $1500 range.
How many vent holes can you cut with one of these before having to change the chain? We haven't had good luck with carbide chains doing more than one or two. (This is in typical residential 3/4 inch ply and asphalt shingles). We usually wind up burning a hole through the wood as much as anything. Obviously we're doing something wrong...
Cuts like a hot knife through butter
These have double rakers and oversized cutters. These can even cut through car doors. We trained with one for an entire week before we even thought about replacing the chain.
Thanks guys - we will have to look into this.
wow, now i have to see one in action!! I like the stihl saws because everyone has one and parts are easy to come by...if you need a part, chances are someone on scene will have it. Though if it really works as mentioned, it sounds like we might all need to upgrade! :o)
This is the exact reason that we went to the Stihls. That and the local supply store in town is a service center.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service