One of our firefighters lost everything in an Apartment fire this afternoon. Well not everything, he was ableto save his pet, some kind of rodent...but it's alive and not so happy right now. We are all going over in the morning to see what can be salvaged...and nother 10 families lost their homes in the fire.
Just putting this up as a reminder that it does happen to us.
Keep your smoking products policed, this fire was from a discarded cigarette on a balcony.
Yall be safe and Merry Christmas

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Allen:
Glad to hear everyone is safe.
Why do we feel worse when they occur at this time of the year?
And I would guess that more firefighters are injured at this time of the year as well.
Here is a link to some tips:
http://www.firerescue1.com/firefightersafety/tips/328348/
TCSS.
Art
I was thinking of posting something similar but couldn't decide where, so I guess I'll put it here.

It seems like there has been a rash of bad calls in the county in the last couple of weeks. Sledding accidents and cardiac arrests in particular. Last week we had an 11 year old who was sledding after school and hit a tree. He is in much better shape than I suspected, although he did get a helicopter ride out of the deal. This was one of a number of sledding and snowmobiling accidents that have resulted in trips to the trauma center.

For all of us going skiing, sledding etc. this holiday season: Enjoy the winter activities but stay safe.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service