My best friend and 8-year volunteer firefighter recently lost all his possessions in an apartment fire. He can replace everything easily except his beloved collection of fire department t-shirts from around the USA. As a surprise, I'm trying to get him some new shirts. If there are any departments or other folks willing to donate a t-shirt (xl size) or sell me one if they aren't too expensive, that would be awesome. Please email me at saz0424@hotmail.com. Thanks for reading this.

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like to say that if you went to your local wal-mart store and told them about this they'd help you out a lot more than we could and it'd be cheaper, Our wal-mart works great with our residents in helping them out when they need it.
Wal mart sells fire shirts heck i need to come to your walmart store. Here they dont sell anything close to that.
I don't think you are going to get the kind of response you want by posting this send me a tee shirt because it would be a nice thing to do request. We love you son, but asking a total stranger to invest over $20.00 between both the shirt and postage is asking a bit much. Your best bet is to visit your local fire department(s), tell them what you are doing and work something out with them.

Many departments now discourage handing out any duty shirts, including tee shirts, regardless of the reason because the fire department loses the ability to control both who wears them and where. There was a law suit filed against the fire department for not providing emergency care to a citizen who had a cardiac event that proved fatal. The problem here was that the guy wearing the tee shirt not only had a couple of cocktails but never had stepped foot in a fire station in his life. He got the shirt from a friend.

I mention this story above because where I work, we had a similar problem. The only difference was that a transient had scored the duty shirt at a thrift store. When he was arrested for public drunkness and urinating in front of a bunch of folks, all this was not made any better considering that he was wearing a county fire tee shirt. Of course I'm not encouraging you to go to your local thrift store to look for a shirt or anything... : ) But I do share this to provide warning to those reading this post to handle your gear appropriately and this includes communicating clearly to you wife to not throw certain things out...

One place that I would like to see you support would be your local MDA chapter. The MDA and the IAFF work together to raise money for Muscular Dystrophy. Perhaps you might consider volunteering to help the firefighters and earn the shirt that you want to get for your friend.

Of course, not to be Mr, Obvious or anything. FFN sells shirts and it goes to help Dave support the FFN site. Just a thought...

Good luck with your endeavors!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service