que the celtic music
So Ive been doing this a LONG time and tho I totally understand the Irish Fire Service history...I cant for the life of me figure out why it is none of the rest of us have societies that tout our heritages.
(ok I know there area a few miniscule ones about)
And yes my background is Irish/Scots(its not Scotch...thats a drink folks) English and Swedish, so where is the Limey Society or the Viking Society, hell for that matter how bout the Ceaser Society, or the Kaiser Society. I mean come on where is the ethnic pride??? Are only our Mick cousins proud of their heritage?

OK Art is this esoteric enough for you?
(thats obscure for all you verbally challenged on here..and if you need to look up obscure...just delete your membership here now...)

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL, well who needs all those "other" societies when we have the damn Irish! We all know the history! The freakin Irish owned the fire departments in the 1800's when nobody else wanted to join! Yes! the mic's are the only proud ones out there or here or wherever the hell we are. Come to California my friend...we are made to feel ashamed because we are Irish.....Somehow out here takin pride in the green means your a racist!
As soon as my sister completes our family's geneology, it is sounding like there will be a Heinz 57 Society.
Excellent grammar, there, Wally.
You figure it out pretty fast as soon as Reckless Kelly keys up!
I actually ghet to see RK about 2 times a year in Texas. GREAT Live...and Seven Nights in Ireland...ahh it makes me heart long for the old country...
I'll trade you some Uriah Heep for some SNI.
How about some Bloodrock?
Check my playlist.
Ed come to Texas and Ill make sure you see them live...outstanding!
Excuse me, but there happens to be some Irish mixed in with the Swedes around here.
I think that RK could make the trip north if they wanted to expand their fan base.
I am getting this mental picture of leprechauns in cowboy hats. It just seems sooooo wrong.
Allen:
I added some Uriah Heep last night; just for you.
Ok its not that the Irish owned the departments and nobody could join this goes back to when the Irish left to escape starving to death and came to a country that did not welcome them with open arms. The only jobs that where open was because of a mandate of the president The Irish could join the army be cops firemen or garbage men all the jobs in the cities no one else wanted. Also just a point of fact more people are of Irish ancestry in this country then any other single back round. There are many other groups in the fire service from black to Hispanic and women I think all should be welcome and the emerald society does not require you to be Irish to join.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service