Im wanting to buy a new helmet. i cant decide if i want a cairns 1010 or the 1044, and could somone explain the diffrence? thanks

Views: 18273

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The only real difference is the finish. The 1044 has a matte finish, instead of the normal gloss finish. I like the matte finish better than the glossy finish, personally.

Are you going for the defender goggles or more traditional eye protection? I haven't tried the defender goggles yet, but they look like a good idea.
ok thanks, im getting bourks and the ESS goggles, thanks for your help
my uncle just bought a new yorker its NICE but the price of them SUCKS. but im really looking at one in the future thanks for the help
I put on a 1044 with the Deffender Goggle system. Comfy! Helmet fit great on my head, looked like a traditional helmet with a matte finish, and the Deffender eye sheild came down nice and smooth like and click into place. Real comfortable as long as your face/head isnt oddly shaped. haha.
I had a 1044 it was alright until something in a house fire hit it and broke the brim on the side of the helmet now i have a 1010 and like it much better.
Not true. The helmets are made from completely different materials. The 1010 is a fiberglass blend. The 1044 is a new material call Duraglass. The 1044 and the 880 are made out of Duraglass. The 1010 and the 1044 are the same size and profile, two different materials. The 1010 will show white when nicked the 1044 is colored all the way through.
what color r u going to buy? If white do not buy a 1044 they turn yellow . I bought a white 1044 and i had it in my vehicle and it turn a lite shade of yellow,just from sun.I have had both i like the 1010 better .
The defender visor can not be used with a face piece on. From what I can tell they are not designed to be used when wearing a face piece.

I have tried the 1044 with defender visor on and I like the fit of it. I have not worn one in a fire tho.
I have a ben II and fits real well
I personally have a 1010 with bourkes and I love it as far as the difference the only thing I can tell is the dome is higher on the 1044 than the 1010 but I love my 1010
ive had the 1010, 1044, ben franklin2, and cairns new yorker (n5a). leather forever baby... ive seen the shells on the 1044 crack on a few occasions with the helmet being almost new. I kinda like the idea of the defender eye protection but it just was kinda uncomfortable. also the 1044 headband was very oddly shaped i thought. its possible that all the new helmets are like this. The 1010 IMO is tried and true its a great bucket. I really like my benfranklin2 from morning pride. its a good nice comfy helmet the only thing i dont like is there is only one carved eagle, and its not even a cool one hehe. but hey if you have the money get a leather, you will love it!

T. Senter
you are correct. the defender system is used for eye protection on non-fire incidents.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service