Does anyone besides me wish they would re-make the old TV series Emergency! as a modern TV show?

Don't get me wrong, I love Rescue Me, and liked Thrid Watch, but I can't watch them with my kids. I think if Emergency was remade with today's firefighters, EMTs and Paramedics are the basis, a more family-friendly yet realistic, action-packed and inspiring show could be produced.

If it was done well, I'm sure every firefighter in the Country would want their family to watch, and inspire the next generation of Firefighters and Medics.

Times change, and what was cutting-edge in the 1970's is kind of Hokie by today's standards. I think there's still enough of us Fans of Roy & Johnnie out there who would like to see it remade with modern cameras, good scripts and realistic firefighting action.

Views: 920

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes! I would like to see a more relistic firefighting show back on T.V. I loved Eergency! These other new shows I don't even watch because I think they some times put a bad image on firefighters.
i'm seeing people writing that they remember watching emergency as a kid . hell i remember watching it as an adult does that mean i've in the emergency service's way to long. i think that it would be awsome to see john and roy moving around the the station house on walkers .
Yes i would like to see a remake of it
leave the sex out like on Rescue Me
Right if it was a fire left if it was a rescue
Could it be firehouse it was based on a movie with Richard Roundtree stayed on for a season.
code red
I own a full series (1st year) of the show and my kids watch them regularly. Perfect for them, no swearing, no sex, except for a (little Johnny loves all women attitude) LOL.

To have them remade would be really nice but in today's economy, the investment to return ratio probably wouldn't justify any network buying into the concept. $$$ I would be happy to see the past episodes re-leased on the network as they were...
Of course I would love to have a show that I could with my kids(ages 3 and 2), they love fire trucks and my 3 y/o love to put my helment on and play fireman. I like you said I wouldn't want them watching rescue me or third watch. I think a remake of emergency! would be awesome to help show my kids and all kids of firefighters and emts what we really do on the trucks.
I think that woud be awesome. Like some others that have posted, I too remember watching as a kid. I have the four seasons out on DVD right now and I can't wait for the rest. I would love to see a modern version of the show.
I would love to see this too!! I loved that show, but I am afraid they would not do it justice. Plus society has changed a bit too, not sure it would be a hit unless it was very edgy, like Rescue me. But I would love to see them try. Speaking of Rescue me, does any one else think they go too far on that show?? I have gotten a kick out of some of the humor, but to be honest I have not watched it for the last two seasons because I was really turned off by all of the attempts to "Shock" the veiwer. I feel like it makes us all look really bad. what do you think?
I too miss emergency. If they can put threes company, different stokes etc on they should put on emergency.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service