Hey all
Having left my home state FD Moved to a new state new FD I have found some of the older/grumpier FFs are a bit stand-offish, by all means a great bunch of fellers but don't like change... I'm not here to change besides I have been in the fire service for 18 years and sorta grumpy myself... Anyone have this problem

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What, ME grumpy? Not since this morning's two calls before breakfast... at least I could attribute it to low blood sugar.

I don't know about the standoffish bit, I have seen it myself and have a theory. In the volunteer ranks there is a certain turnover, and frequently you have new members stick around for a year or two and then leave. Could be that the older members have spent a lot of energy in the past trying to cultivate the newer members only to have them leave. After a few times this can really get old. The tendency is then to wait for the new member to prove him/herself for a couple of years before being accepted.

As far as grumpiness goes, there are others on this forum that are grumpier than me who might be able to explain it better.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service