After watching some pictures of LEGO fire engines is my question if anyone knows how to build such a truck/engine. For example:

On the internet I saw al lot of photo's or pictures bud no instructions how to build those. ;-)

Views: 584

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mostly You just have to do it. Pick a Truck You Like,Study It Take pictures of it study those and look up pictures of other fire departments that have the same or similar trucks.Then buy a regular Lego Fire Engine kit,and build that.It will help you gauge the scope of the project you may want.Plus Once you figure out just what you want to build and how big,you can go to Lego.com and order single bricks in any color to build your truck.Plus they have a download program where you can build your model on the computer and then Order It And It comes with all of the pieces and Instructions too.And Remember Have Fun and The Sky Is The Limit as far as It goes.Oh and Check Out The Group:Fire Apparatus Model Builders & Collectors,Etc. in the Groups Page.Feel Free To Join.
I agree with what Tony had to say. A lot of it is just being creative. Aside from just buying other fire engine kits, go look on places like ebay and check garage sales for bulk bins of legos. Fool around with them and get the feel of what you can do with them and how to do it. If you play around with them a bit, you would be surprised how easy it is to build something using just picture(s) without directions. I love legos, and have been playing with them ever since I was little. If you need anything or have any questions don't be shy, feel free do drop me a line I would love to help you out were I can.
I bought a rather large ladder truck from Toys R Us for like 20 bucks. Even lights up and has a sound module. Sure its the cheating route. But its a start and may give you ideas. I didn't know you could build one on the computer at Lego.Com. Good luck on your Lego Hunt!
I built one from scratch several years ago. Didn't follow any instructions, and it turned out decent looking. I'll have to rummage through my parents basement to see if it's still together. If I can find it, I'll take a picture of it.
Halo Arno

On this adress you can find allmost all Lego instructions. They do make a fire engine or two each year.
http://www.peeron.com/scans/
You will have to run trough all the models for each year.
Good luck.

Kindly regards

Lars Andersen (from the land of Lego! Denmark)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service