I am a firefighter in Columbus, Oh. I am wanting to know how I can get into FEMA to help. Does anyone know how I can. Thanks Steve

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've heard of people just showing up and being able to help, but then again I've heard that they've been sent home too, so it's hard to say. I belive you need to be FEMA reconized to beable to help or get a call to help, but give'em a call or e-mail them I'm sure they'll direct you in the right path:)
You have to get in contact with your local fema or state run ema and register with them. It will look better if you have an orginized group with a list of equipment and training. Becareful and stay safe
You could see about helping with the red cross they are always looking for volunteers.
I know that when katrina hit we got info from fema.gov and what they did was deploy 2 man teams from fire departments but that was after the storm hit,myself and another member worked for Fema for 3 mths at that time. So check fema web sight that maybe a start.
From what I have read in an earlier post on here, Ohio is already calling for volunteers. You need to get a hold of some one from your state emergency management or whoever would handle this. They will tell you what you need to do.
Also being a director of emergency services for the American Red Cross I know we could also use your help,contact your local chapter and they will walk you through the steps of volunteering and training that you will need.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service