I am completely stressing over national registry. I keep hearing all kind of horror stories of how people fail because of the stupidest crap and how they try to trick you. Can someone please give me some adivce on how to deal and how to prepare myself for that situation.

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sorry, of course i haven't taken this test, but some general tips for you. DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE ELSE!!! haha... well, when it comes to things that freak you out. Be prepared for questions that may seem to be asking one thing but want to know another, but try not to over-read them. Just prepare, study, practice (whatever it is you need to do for the registry) and be well rested when you get there. All you can do is prepare yourself. Don't worry about the rest of it, I'm sure you'll do just fine!

Best of luck!
I agree with spanner 122 but I took test and they do try to trick you but just like testing in your class you have to know which actions to take at the appropriate time, alot of ppl during the state pratical failed the trauma station caust they traction splinted an open femur fracture.... like HELLO?! dont realign the broken bone it can do more damage to the nerves, tissue, and skin. Just think on your feet and the best way you can do that is to be well rested and food so your brains functioning right. My main pointer is go with your gut instinct (cause most of the time its right) and make sure that you understand the question being asked and to pick the "best" for that sitiuation. even if you would do one thing, make sure there isnt an answer that you would perform b4 the task you picked. Good luck on your national registry!!!
Just remember what you treat first...always fix airway problems and in your patient assessment/trauma, fix it and ask for a new set of vitals then so you know if you can move on..... and go over the skill sheats. Remember if you hit all of the critical criteria you'll be ok. If you happen to fail a station and know exactly what you did wrong...retest that day....if you don't know...then maybe wait another day. When I tested my basic, I was a nervous wreck....not so much when I went for my EMT-I. Remember they have all been through it too and they're not there to mess with you...just to see if you know what to do. Trauma was the hardest....I had a guy involved in an industrial exposion who had a flail chest and an impailed shard of glass in his femur...so after establishing an airway...I just put a bulky dressing on the chest and when I got to the femur...I stabilized it...everything else was minor enough to re-visit enroute. You'll be ok girl
I failed my first attempt. Money problems came up and i had to start working right at the end of school so it wasn't for 6 months that i finally took it. failed it by 2 points. I have been studying my ass off and am retaking it next week. However, the test has changed. Now it's the somputer adaptive test. I am stressing because i have no idea what to expect, I don't know anyone that has, but i have heard it is easier. But I expect the questions will be the same types. Yes they will try and trip you up a little. Mainly it is all about the wording of the questions. Take your time and read them carefully. It will seem like they give more than 1 right answer, in that case you need to read the question a little harder and pick the one that is "most right". Like Nita said, remember your steps of severity. remember your ABC's, OPQRST, and SAMPLE. Take your time and just study as much as you can beforehand

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service