I'm just seeing what people are saying on why people start wildfires?
I just want to see if there is a reason some people start these fires for fun or just to make us work, make us work our butts off.

Views: 98

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sure its not to make us work or butts off, but we do and they don't seem to care, I think it's to make the news, paper and just because they like fire, sometimes its a revenge deal on someone else, why I dont know and they dont think or care about the lose of someones property or life in that matter.

Great question!!
crazy crazy no other way to explain it except crazy... thrill of it I guess never could figure those people out.... I don't they do it for us .. It a thrill for them....,
Gratification from fire, wanting attention, most likely started with setting smaller fires in past , and just plain not caring of dangers to other people.

TCSS
Cat :o)
I think its caused by friction from people "parking" in the woods....hehehe... No, seriously.... I agree with the newspaper and for the attention even if it is indirectly.
i agree it is for attention, but most importantly it is because they are STUPID!!!!!!! in fact it would be nice if when they found the people, if they found the people they would make them pay restitution to the departments responding and the department of conservation. it will never happen but it is an excellent idea. in fact just for fun male them replant every tree that they damaged.
Most firesetters are people who have a history with fire. This issue can arise when they are jouveniles. Fire setters begin for gratification (even sexually). Fire is a amazing force that they feel "close" to. Some setters do it for attention. Some do it to supplement lack of activity in their fire departments. (sad but true) Some jouveniles start fires to destroy areas they were sexually or physically abused in. (if it's burnt they can't be there)
What I am trying to say here, is there are numerous reasons why people start fires. The Behavioral Science division of the FBI and the ATF are always profiling arsonists to see what makes them "tick," and also what sets off the urge.
I don't think they do it to make us work. They might do it out of a facination with fire, or perhaps to "watch" us work. Many firebugs are facinated with watching the firefighters battle the blaze, seeing the TV coverage of the fire that they set, etc. Some fires could be started by juveniles, who mistakenly believe that they can control their "little" fires until they grow out of control. This is why Juvenile Firesetter Intervention Programs are so important. Stay safe!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service