i need some advicee im trying to slowly work my way into firefighting like right now im just a volunteer and takin some classes before i go to the academy so i can get a full time job but like ive ran a few calls with the department and all and in the last 4 days weve had two wrecks with fatalities and im slow tryin to work my way into dealin with those ... anyone got any advice on what i should do???

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

everyone deals with it their own way, but I find talking about with outher firemen that where on the scene and the older ones too, they'll help you and give you some pionters, but remember we're not all cut out for the ems side, I've seen great firefighters try and do the extrication part and once they see their first ugly death or a kid, they want nothing to do with extrication no more and thats fine, their still a great firefighter. hope this helps you
thanks for the advice im sure doin that would help but yeah i mean i think i could handle the ems part a little i just gotta work my way into it if ya know what im sayin like try to get used to it but im sure if it was a kid id crumble and prob give up on the extrication part cause i know my dad has talked to me about it and hes been a fireman now for about 28 years and he said when he foudn his first kid it tore him all up and it took him a while to get back into the extrication part
I talk to othe firefighter/emts about it except kids its problem I have never talk about kids cant do. To close to home i guess. Some people pray dont know if youyr religous. If you need it your dept should have a CISD team. But when it comes down to it you never get used to the death or I dont and several other emts I know dont. There was a call the other night an elderly man passed peacfully but that wasnt the bad part it was his granddauaghter looked at me when I walked in the door and said Papaws gonna be ok the firemans here. Some of those stick with you. And I can still remember first code I worked 8 years ago. Hope the best for you and stay safe
yeah im religious my grandfather is a pastor so i was raised around church practically my whole life and yeah i know im prob never gonna get used to death but its just shockin to me and makes me realize that life is never promised the next day and i belive that to the fullest and thanks u stay safe to
Thats aproblem with the life we have chose we are faced with the worst of things everyday rather it be death or someone losing everything they own. Another thing I forgot to mention is never keep it inside I have seen the results of strong people who thought they were to strong to talk about death or how they were feeling. It can destroy people I would talk to your grandfather or the pastor at your church. If you do stick with the ems just remember you do the best you can do and thats it dont dwell on what you could have done different. Again talking from experiance.
alrite thanks bro

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service