my first fire call was a car fire it was a 1969 vet . my capt and my chief look at me and said you ready to have fun. after that day i had the biggest smile on my face and i love it. And the whole way there my capt was sing the long ranger song to me to go get going

Views: 605

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My first call I can look back on now and laugh. We got paged out to a lightning strike. Lightning had struck a large pine tree next to a house. The lightning had traveled down the tree through its roots and into the rebar in the concrete pad in front of the garage. The lightning used the rebar in the concrete pad to find ground. Every place the pad met the garage floor a large piece of concrete had been blown out and put a dent in the bottom of the garage door. In one place the door was lifted enough you could roll a basketball into the garage without opening the door. There was one rebar that had been attached to the basement wall of the house and where it used to be attached was now a 3 foot diameter hole in the wall. I found most of this out after the fact by looking at scene photos because when I arrived on scene I approached IC in full PPE and asked where I was needed to which he replied “WHAT” So I asked “what do you need me to do” to which he replied “Lake your on traffic control” I had been given my orders so off I went and there I stood in the middle of the night with a traffic sign and a traffic control lamp on a dead end gravel road thinking to myself “traffic control what f^*#ing traffic.” Ten years later I’m still here and I get to hold that traffic sign now and again but now its because it needs to be done not just to give me something to do.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service